Monday, March 20, 2017

Making The Season Bright

My Attempt At Making The Season Bright:

Many of you might not remember my post last week asking the Lord for some "other people money". Which is money to bless other people. Well my reason for that is this for example, I talked to a divorced single Mom and her three kids the other day. During the conversation I asked if they were ready for Christmas. They all stopped and started looking at each other with this "caught off guard" look about them. So, Mom who has fallen on some really hard times over the last two years, began to explain how they were not prepared and planning on celebrating Christmas this year. She explained recently being diagnosed with Cancer, having no job, and needing to make sure she had enough money for rent. She said all they've been through and have been dealing with, have caused them to decide not to celebrate at all this year. I felt like I had mud on my face but "talkative" me asked, " So are you guys at least going to cook Christmas dinner." And Mom explained, that they would eat, but not sure what they were going to have, but she knows it won't be anything big. It was at that moment I guess my facial expression let off to the sadness that quickly changed my smile to a serious look.

At that moment, the little boy said, It's OK Ms. Marilyn, I'm sad too, but I'm use to it. This is the second year in a row we won't have Christmas. We don't even have a tree but I know if my Momma could get us one she would." At this point Mom began to cry. I felt soooo bad. I gave her a hug and I told her that Christmas was not about gifts, food, and trees and that it was about family, love, warmth, and celebrating Jesus. (All along in my head saying to myself.. This can't be and I won't let it be.. Not on my watch.) Mom agreed with me and said, she's glad she has understanding children, and that they don't try to make her feel bad about it, and knows that if things could be different she would do all she could for them. All the kids began to tell her not to cry and that it was OK and Christmas doesn't matter. Me, feeling bad for even bringing it up.

Well to make a long story short, tomorrow I'm giving them a Christmas Tree, with lights, and ornaments to decorate it with, and a $75 Fry's Grocery Gift Card to get food so they can have Christmas Dinner. On the day we talked, I also gave them an open invitation to share in the Holidays at my house with me and my family on Christmas Day.

I didn't tell all of you this for any accolades or likes, but I want this show of love to move you guys to do the same thing or some  similar small act of kindness during the holidays because you never know when it could be you in need.

#SmallActsOfKindness #ChristmasIsCaring #ShareTheLoveShareTheJoy

No comments:

Post a Comment